This page contains information for owners who wish to exhibit a wooden boat at Downrigging Weekend.
If you have a non-wood boat you would like to bring to Downrigging Weekend please contact the Chestertown Marina at 410-778-3616.
How do I Apply to Exhibit My Vessel at Downrigging Weekend?
- Read all of the information on this page.
- Complete the registration form and upload a photo of your boat.
- The harbor master will contact you and if your vessel is accepted, information will be sent about payment
What are the Requirements for Exhibit Vessels?
- Vessels must be constructed of wood or be a facsimile of a wooden boat design from the 1960’s or earlier.
- Applicant vessels will be evaluated for historic significance, suitability for exhibit, appearance, etc.
Can I Exhibit My Vessel on Land?
No. Because land-side portion of the Chestertown Marina may still be under construction during Downrigging Weekend, we are taking a break from exhibiting boats on land this year.
Can I Launch My Boat from the Chestertown Marina Boat Ramp?
No. The Boat Ramp is under construction and will not be ready for Downrigging Weekend. If you need to launch your boat from a trailer we recommend that you use the ramp at Rolph’s Wharf Marina, approximately 2 miles downriver from the Chestertown Marina.
When Should I Arrive/Depart?
Exhibit vessels are expected to be in place by Friday, October 26 at 5:00pm and to remain at the festival through Sunday, October 28 at Noon. You are free to go out for a sail/cruise during the weekend.
Where Do I Dock My Boat?
All exhibit vessel slips are located at the newly rebuilt Chestertown Marina. The marina features a combination of new floating and fixed docks. All slips have access to 30/50amp electric and potable water. Slip holders may also use the Marina’s brand new bathroom and shower facilities. Follow the link below to see the most recent Docking Plan.
What Does it Cost to Exhibit/Attend?
Exhibit Fees are listed below.
What Does My Exhibit Fee Get Me?
- Two (2) nights of dockage at the Chestertown Marina (October 26 & 27) and use of Marina Facilities
- Two (2) tickets for the Captain’s Dinner, Saturday, October 27
- One (1) Downrigging Weekend limited addition, long-sleeved T-Shirt. Additional T-Shirts are available for your crew for $20 each.
Do I Have to Time My Arrival/Departure Around the Tall Ships’ Schedule?
Probably not. Thanks to the new layout at the Chestertown Marina, most exhibit vessels are clear to enter/exit their slip at any time. For larger vessels, optimal maneuvering room will be available when the Tall Ships are out sailing.
Weather permitting, the Tall Ships will be away from the docks at the following times
- Friday, October 26 / 3:00-5:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Saturday, October 27 / 10:30am-1:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Saturday, October 27 / 2:30-5:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Sunday, October 28 / 1:00-3:30pm Tall Ship Public Sail
Registering and Reserving Dockage
Registering you boat is as quick as three easy steps . . .
Step #1: Follow the link below to submit basic information about your vessel. This only takes a couple of minutes and will help us determine what docking/exhibit options are available for you. This does not commit you!
Step #2: After reviewing your information the Harbor Master will contact you via email/phone to discuss possible docking options and review pricing.
Step #3: Once a slip/space has been agreed on, the Harbor Master will send you a link where you can pay your slip and event fees online. Only after you have paid your fee is your slip confirmed.
We are pretty generous about cancellations and refunds. That said, please don’t reserve a slip unless you are truly committed to attending and let us know as soon as possible if your plans have changed.