Downrigging Weekend 2019 Exhibit Vessel Registration Will Open March
This page contains preliminary information for owners who wish to exhibit a wooden boat at Downrigging Weekend 2019. This information will be updated before registration begins.
How do I Apply to Exhibit My Vessel at Downrigging Weekend?
- Read all of the information on this page.
- Complete the registration form and upload a photo of your boat.
- The harbor master will contact you and if your vessel is accepted, information will be sent about payment
What are the Requirements for Exhibit Vessels?
- Vessels must be constructed of wood or be a facsimile of a wooden boat design from the 1960’s or earlier.
- Applicant vessels will be evaluated for historic significance, suitability for exhibit, appearance, etc.
Can I Exhibit My Vessel on Land?
No. We do not anticipate having individual vessels exhibited on land in 2019.
Can I Launch My Boat from the Chestertown Marina Boat Ramp?
Yes, but only during specific times. The Boat Ramp will be closed on Friday, November 1, Saturday, November 2, and through 4:00pm on Sunday, November 3. Exhibit vessels that plan to launch from the Boat Ramp must launch before Friday, November 1 and can haul out after 4pm on Sunday, November 3.
When Should I Arrive/Depart?
Exhibit vessels are expected to be in place by Friday, November 1at 5:00pm and to remain at the festival through Sunday, November 3 at Noon. You are free to go out for a sail/cruise during the weekend.
Where Do I Dock My Boat?
All exhibit vessel slips are located at the newly rebuilt Chestertown Marina. The marina features a combination of new floating and fixed docks. All slips have access to 30/50amp electric and potable water. Slip holders may also use the Marina’s brand new bathroom and shower facilities.
What Does it Cost to Exhibit/Attend?
Exhibit Fees from Downrigging 2018 are listed below. The fee structure may change for Downrigging 2019.
What Does My Exhibit Fee Get Me?
- Two (2) nights of dockage at the Chestertown Marina (November 1 & 2) and use of Marina Facilities
- One (1) Downrigging Weekend limited addition, long-sleeved T-Shirt. Additional T-Shirts are available for your crew for $20 each.
Do I Have to Time My Arrival/Departure Around the Tall Ships’ Schedule?
Because the hulls and the head-rigs of the Tall Ships will partially block the entrances to the Chestertown Marina, larger exhibit vessels, or exhibit vessels with masts or high superstructures, should time their arrival and departure to occur when the Tall Ships are away from the dock.
Weather permitting, the Tall Ships will be away from the docks at the following times
- Friday, November 1 / 3:00-5:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Saturday, November 2 / 10:30am-1:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Saturday, November 2 / 2:30-5:00pm Tall Ship Public Sail
- Sunday, November 3 / 1:00-3:30pm Tall Ship Public Sail
Registering and Reserving Dockage
Registering you boat is as quick as three easy steps . . .
Step #1: Follow the link below to submit basic information about your vessel. This only takes a couple of minutes and will help us determine what docking/exhibit options are available for you. This does not commit you!
Look for our Registration Link Here in the Spring of 2019
Step #2: After reviewing your information the Harbor Master will contact you via email/phone to discuss possible docking options and review pricing.
Step #3: Once a slip/space has been agreed on, the Harbor Master will send you a link where you can pay your slip and event fees online. Only after you have paid your fee is your slip confirmed.
We are pretty generous about cancellations and refunds. That said, please don’t reserve a slip unless you are truly committed to attending and let us know as soon as possible if your plans have changed.