Departing and returning from her home port of historic Chestertown, a trip on the 1768 schooner SULTANA is a great way to experience the Chester River onboard a traditional schooner. Passengers are encouraged to help raise the sails, steer using SULTANA’s seven-foot tiller, and explore the authentically reproduced crew’s quarters below-decks.
- Ticket price is generally $30 adult/$15 under 12. Prices vary for special sails.
- All sails are 2-hours except for the special day-sail on September 21, and our Downrigging Weekend Sails which are 2.5 hours long.
- Children under 5 are not permitted on SULTANA sails.
- The GPS address of the dock is 207 S. Water Street, Chestertown, Maryland
- Please dress for the weather. A small bag with extra clothes is fine. Please wear soft soled shoes.
- Passengers are encouraged to use a bathroom prior to the trip. Public bathrooms are located at the Kent County Visitors Center at 122 North Cross Street.
- Please see the Refund & Exchange policy at the bottom of this page.
SULTANA’S 2019 Public Sail Schedule
Tickets for the 2019 Schedule will be available soon. See notes on special or themed sails at the bottom of the schedule.
Tea Party Sails: These sails take place during Chestertown’s Annual Tea Party Festival over Memorial Day Weekend, an absolutely incredible small-town festival.
Ecology Sails: During these sails passengers are invited to help pull our 20-foot-wide sampling net to catch fish, crabs, and other critters from the Chester River. Lots of fun for kids and adults, too. And yes . . . we still go sailing, fire the guns, and do all of the other things that make a SULTANA sail fun.
Special All-Day Sail on September 21:
This sail happens only once a year. Your day will begin at 10:00am in Chestertown where you will join your fellow passengers at the Chestertown Marina Office, and then be shuttled to a private, 18th century waterfront estate approximately 10 miles south of Chestertown. There you will board SULTANA and embark on a four hour voyage up one of the most scenic rivers on the Chesapeake Bay – the Chester River. Your trip ends at the Chestertown Marina – right where you left your car!
Downrigging Weekend Sails: These sails take place during the Sultana Education Foundation’s Annual Downrigging Weekend Tall Ship & Wooden Boat Festival.
Refund & Exchange Policy:
Tickets purchased for SULTANA Public Sails are fully refundable (less a $5 per-ticket administrative fee) up to seven days prior to the date of the sail. Within seven days of the date of the sail, tickets are not refundable, but may be exchanged for tickets of equal value on any scheduled Public Sail, or applied towards any other Sultana Education Foundation Public Program. Any exchange or application must take place within one year of the date of the originally scheduled sail. Public Sail ticket holders may also transfer their tickets to other individuals using SEF’s ticketing portal at Evenbrite. This Refund and Exchange Policy does not apply to Downrigging Weekend Sails. If a sail is cancelled due to the weather, ticket holders may elect to take a full refund.